5 minutes (varies)
2 tablespoons of ginger root (fresh & raw about 2 inches in small slices); I prefer raw rather than
1.5 – 2 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (juice ½ lime)
- 1 tablespoon of honey (or agave nectar, to taste); I usually leave this out because I like the sharp taste of ginger
- Prepare the ginger by peeling and slicing it into thin 3mm slices to maximize surface area. This brings out the ginger flavor.
- Prepare hot water:
- Stovetop: boil 3 slices of ginger in water for at least 10 minutes. For a stronger and tangier tea, allow to boil for 20 minutes or more, and use more slices of ginger.
- Water Boiler & Warmer (I make so much tea so I have this sitting on my kitchen counter)
- Microwave: Place the ginger slices into a 16oz mug and microwave for 2 minutes