30 minutes (varies)
2lbs pork bones
2lbs of pork belly (cut into small pieces)
1 medium onion
3 tablespoons fish sauce (3 crabs is my favorite)
8 cups of water
Broth: Place pork bones and pork belly in a large pot of water. Bring it to a boil. Once the water boils, discard GRIMMY water and rinse the meat under cold water.
Broth: place clean bones, onion into the instant pot. Close lid and set the pot to “soup/broth” setting for 30 minutes. Once time’s up, quickly release the pressure. Remove bones, onion and discard.
Add 6 more cups of water to the pot. Season the broth with fish sauce, shrimp paste, salt, tamarind powder.
- Udon Noodles:
- EASY VERSION: put the package of noodles into the insta pot (1/4 package per person), b
- HARD VERSION: boil the noodles separately
- Separate into separate bowls
- GARNISH: with green onions
- EXTRA: you can sauteed green onions and garlic with 2 tablespoon of olive oil until crunchy